1960's kitchens, bathrooms & more - Retro Renovation

Hi Pam. I LOVE your website. Find myself there constantly as I put in various search phrases into Google to research our restoration project of a 1959 side-split. I grew up in a 1957 sidesplit, so my memory serves me fairly well as well as I try to capture what vintage actually looks like in this specific house.
Lately, I have been trying to find bathroom faucets that fit the criteria. Wow. Not much out there even vaguely of this vintage! Everything is round, pulled and bulbous -vintage 2011, I guess! So, I had some luck at Home Depot with a new product line that Martha Stewart has come out with :Model # F3020-21. It has those squarish lines and thinner spout that remind me of the bathroom faucets in my bathroom growing up. Too bad it is brushed nickel. Bought it anyway (thought it was as close as I could get), and am mixing it with squarish chrome accessories. Found the old towel racks on ebay, and a cup-holder at a re-use centre. Put some vintage drawer pulls on a new vanity that has the look of a full frame cabinet.

Now, I have found out that I could have gotten closer. Kohler has a COMMERCIAL line that has a lot of the old styles still! Check it out! A bonanza of good choices.

http://www.us.kohler.com/designkb/colors/timeline_1960.jsp
Look under Bathroom Products, Commercial, Faucets Flushometers and Fixtures, Manual faucets.

THANKS for your invaluable work towards preserving such cool slices of our history, culture and architecture! Kathy Bailey

1960's kitchens, bathrooms & more - Retro Renovation
Enjoy this gallery of 1960s kitchens, bathrooms & more. INSTRUCTIONS: Click on the first image to launch the slide show, all images will show larger.

1960's kitchens, bathrooms & more - Retro Renovation
1960's kitchens, bathrooms & more. Enjoy this gallery of 1960s kitchens, bathrooms & more. INSTRUCTIONS: Click on the first image to launch the slide show,

1960s Kitchens - Kitchen Design Ideas - Ho
Kitchens of the 1960s Shag rugs, minimalist furniture, and kooky colors were all the rage. And kitchens were no exception. Here are 11 of our favorites from the '60s.

1960's kitchens, bathrooms & more
Enjoy this gallery of 1960s kitchens, bathrooms & more. INSTRUCTIONS: Click on the first image to launch the slide show, all images will show larger. | See more about

1960's kitchens, bathrooms & more
Enjoy this gallery of 1960s kitchens, bathrooms & more. INSTRUCTIONS: Click on the first image to launch the slide show, all images will show larger.

1960s Kitchen: From Jet-Age to Funkadelic
Get ideas for your remodeled 1960s kitchen with this photo gallery of real kitchens from the Sixties.

1960s Bathroom Remodel - Bathroom Designs - Decorating ...
Need Bathroom designs? Look at the '1960s Bathroom Remodel' post on HGTV Rate My Space for inspiration.

1960s Kitchen Design Ideas, Pictures, Remodel and Decor
and a pared-back 1960s vibe to the furniture mean this is a kitchen that suits its setting. And theres no way you get the impression its been picked out

Ugly House Photos » 1960s
I have the same sink and original tile in my 1960 homes bathroom. Immaculate kitchen with original cabinets and oven. Grandma loved the 1960s, even in 2009.

Vintage Home Decorating: 1960s Kitchen and Bathroom ...
Vintage Home Decorating: 1960s Kitchen and Bathroom Curtains http://antiquealterego.com/Found a 1965 Sears Catalog and wanted to share some of the fun things in it!

Previous
Next Post »