Home Depot - Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

Review 1 for Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

from Hoosick Falls, NY 12090, USA

Age Range:65 or over

,

Gender:Male

Home Improvement Profile:DIYer

Must Have Template for Cabinet Hardware

PostedApril 6, 2013

Overall rating 

5.0out of5

The Liberty Cabinet and Drawer Pull Installation Templates are made of translucent plastic with measurement impressions embossed on it. A simple tool that makes it easy to measure for placement of kitchen/bathroom hardware. It saved time and aggravation in preventing mistakes that could have happened if each piece had to be measured.

Measure the width of the drawer panel, divide in half, place the template over the center mark, decide from the many options you have for the size of the pull or knob you're installing, to your desired height. The door template works under the same principle as the drawer template, with numerous choices of placement for your hardware.

Included with the templates is a 3/16th basic drill bit, more than adequate for the amount of drilling needed. Well worth the price!

Review 2 for Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

Home Improvement Profile:DIYer

Great Product - Great Value

PostedFebruary 6, 2014

Overall rating 

5.0out of5

I purchased this kit to install knobs on a refinished bathroom vanity. Worked like charm. No guesswork involved. I would like to address the reviewer who stated that the templates would wear out after drilling through them so many times. The instructions state to simply mark the spot on to door/drawer with a pencil, remove the template and drill your hole. Nowhere does it state to drill through the templates. Used as instructed, these templates should last several years.

Review 3 for Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

Age Range:45 to 54

,

Gender:Female

Home Improvement Profile:DIYer

install cabinet handles easily

PostedNovember 29, 2011

Overall rating 

5.0out of5

I could not have installed my cabinet handles without this tool. You just place your handles over the holes to align and then use the square to place it on the cabinet straight and your handles are perfect every time. Best purchase. I saved lots of money doing this myself. By the way ladies, if I can do it so can you.

Review 4 for Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

from North Carolina, USA

Age Range:35 to 44

,

Gender:Female

Home Improvement Profile:DIYer

Could be good BUT...

PostedDecember 23, 2014

Overall rating 

2.0out of5

No, I do not recommend this product.

The concept of this thing is great. However, I can only see it working for small cabinets and/or if all your cabinets and drawers are exactly the same size. For example, using it to template drawer pull and knob holes for an entire kitchen of cabinets, I was only able to use it for half... the rest I had to still measure out by hand. This could be solved by simply making the thing a little wider. It was inexpensive, but still a waste of money.

Review 5 for Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

Age Range:55 to 64

,

Gender:Female

Home Improvement Profile:DIYer

Helpful but not the cat's meow

PostedOctober 27, 2014

Overall rating 

3.0out of5

The drill bit was too large for all (three types) of cabinet pull knobs and bin pulls. If you want a loose fit and the knob to be able to flop around then OK. I preferred a tight fit and used my own 5/32 bit and yes, you must then "drill" in the screw, but a nice fit. So...the bit was not needed. The flat template worked great. I use duct tape over the cabinet to mark my hole and drill right through the duct tape. Much easier keeping in place. MY complaint is the edge template. With a slight bit of pressure on it, it easily "gives" and you end up with the mark not in the same spot. Furthermore, that edge template is not calibrated the same for both sides. One side was 1/16 of an inch shorter. So when you mark one cabinet door and reverse the template to mark the other cabinet door, the mark is off. It took me a while to discover it is because the plastic for the edge is 1/16 thinner on the template on one side. So, to ensure it was a true match, I used a level between my two doors to mark it where it should have been had the template been calibrated equally on both sides. Still, I would recommend the template over any paper, cardboard or wood template I would make. It saved time and is worth the price. Just check two door side by side to ensure they are level before drilling.

Review 6 for Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

great for someone who has no clue what he's doing

PostedNovember 8, 2014

Overall rating 

5.0out of5

I had no clue what I was doing when trying to figure out how to put the cabinet pulls on. I'm not handy and I was thinking of paying someone to do it. I did a little research and found these online. I thought it made it look easy so I attempted to try it. After about an hour... my whole kitchen was done and they look great. The only one I had an issue with was my larger drawers.. I didn't take into consideration that the front was different than the others.

Review 7 for Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

Age Range:65 or over

,

Gender:Male

A great purchase

PostedNovember 4, 2014

Overall rating 

5.0out of5

The templates were easy to use and it made hardware installation a breeze. I would have had to make a template without these, so these really saved time and helped avoid mistakes. I would recommend this product to anyone who needs to install cabinet hardware.

Review 8 for Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

Great for knobs, not so good for pulls

PostedSeptember 30, 2013

Overall rating 

4.0out of5

I've used this for a number of knobs and it works great for that. If the hole you want isn't there simply drill a new hole in the template and you are good to go. This simple little piece of plastic has saved me hours.

I haven't found this useful for for pulls (2 holes) since the pulls I have use metric spacing instead of standard and there are only 2 sets of metric holes on the drawer template. I'm not sure if I'll new able to drill new holes or not since the positions I need (2.5" & 3.5" from top) may end up too close to existing holes. This is more a problem with the pulls I have (metric spacing) rather than the template and I may still be able to make it work by drilling my own holes slightly below or above the 2.5" & 3.5" marks.

The door template is more of a problem since it doesn't work for pulls at all. It is just too short to accommodate the second hole. I wish the company would offer a door template that is twice as long. I'm now searching for such a thing since I really don't want to make my own. I need to do pulls for 48 doors so I prefer to use something like this as opposed to something that I've jerry-rigged which may not last.

Review 9 for Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

Took the fear out of a big project

PostedOctober 25, 2014

Overall rating 

5.0out of5

I loved this! I ended up drilling my own new hole for a perfect placement in our cabinetry but I found this super easy to use. It made a daunting project much easier.

Review 10 for Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

Age Range:35 to 44

,

Gender:Male

Home Improvement Profile:DIYer

This product is great if you dont have to install Blum hinges!

PostedSeptember 2, 2014

Overall rating 

4.0out of5

I thought for some odd reason that this kit would include the measurements and placements for the Blum hinges as well. I already had the Forstener bit, I just needed to know where to drill the hole so the cabinet door would be flush. Much to my chagrin, the measurements are on a separate drilling jig. FIGURES!

I will say this product has every possible combination of measurements for REGULAR hinges, pulls and knobs.

Review 11 for Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

Age Range:25 to 34

,

Gender:Male

Home Improvement Profile:DIYer

Very helpful, but flimsy and missing holes

PostedMay 6, 2013

Overall rating 

2.0out of5

No, I do not recommend this product.

This TYPE of tool is a must-have when installing knobs/pulls. Biggest PRO = great price for a combo pack. Works with 3, 3 1/2, and 4 in. pulls. The cabinet door "L" piece is sturdy and precise. Several short-comings, however. I installed pulls vertically on my doors but the provided 3 in. hole position put the pulls WAY too close to the bottom/top edge of door. I had to measure and drill my own pilot hole! The drawer template is the worst: plastic is flimsy and warped with a shallow overhang lip so it is hard to sit flush on top of drawer face when measuring.

Review 12 for Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

Age Range:45 to 54

,

Gender:Male

Home Improvement Profile:DIYer

Flimsy and not for all pulls

PostedAugust 22, 2014

Overall rating 

1.0out of5

No, I do not recommend this product.

Jigs and templates are a must for installing your own pulls and knobs but this set may not work for you if you've already bought the pulls you want. Pay special attention to the size of pull this works with. I had already bought the pulls I wanted and neither one of these templates worked. I ended up making my own out of a piece of lexan. These templates are thin and bendy, not at all what you want for drilling precision holes in your cabinets. You only get one chance to drill them in the right place...

Review 13 for Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

Age Range:55 to 64

,

Gender:Female

Home Improvement Profile:DIYer

Template won't accommodate 5" pulls

PostedOctober 3, 2013

Overall rating 

3.0out of5

Will not accommodate Liberty P01026 drawer pull/handle. Drawer pull posts are 5" apart. There are no two-holes on template to accomodate posts that are 5" apart. This product has a marking of 5" but it certainly isn't for this particular use. Again, I will have to make my own template. It's a great product for 3" or less.

Review 14 for Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

Age Range:55 to 64

,

Gender:Female

Home Improvement Profile:Other

great tool

PostedSeptember 30, 2014

Overall rating 

5.0out of5

needed a template and had one from Ikea but it didn't work with products that were not Ikea's.

Review 15 for Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

Warped

PostedOctober 16, 2010

Overall rating 

1.0out of5

No, I do not recommend this product.

Took the products out of the package to inspect. After a couple of days of being out of the package, the templates started to warp and twist. There is no way for this item to be consistently accurate now. I recommend using this item immediately after opening the package. I guess it would qualify for one time use and then disposable.

I give the drill bit good reviews, it will drill a hole. If you want your cabinet pulls to be accurate and intend to reuse this product, good luck!

Review 16 for Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

Use with caution

PostedSeptember 6, 2011

Overall rating 

3.0out of5

This is not a substitute for experience. I needed holes in places they didn't exist. After the fact I thought. "It's plastic! why didn't I just punch my OWN hole." I have some holes to patch........

Review 17 for Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

Age Range:55 to 64

,

Gender:Male

Home Improvement Profile:DIYer

Not for 5" cc cabinet pulls

PostedJuly 20, 2014

Overall rating 

1.0out of5

No, I do not recommend this product.

These templates only go to 4", will not work for 5" cabinet pulls, which Home Depot sells thru American Woodmark. you will need to buy an Amerock template. these are being returned

Review 18 for Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

Adequate; can be modified to do the job

PostedMay 17, 2011

Overall rating 

3.0out of5

Arrived quickly by mail. The Liberty templates are not green, but a smokey clear plastic. There are numerous pre-drilled holes for lining up markings which may work for plain non-beveled cabinets and drawers; they don't help in paneled facings. Able to make them work by drilling holes to allow for beveled edges and still center on the flat facing. Corner template is 5 7/8" in length so for handles if you desire a hole 3" from the edge followed by a second 3" hole, it won't do. A template at least 7" long would have been helpful. Best part is the firm edging so once these are modified according to your needs, they will give consistent results. Comes with a drill bit which is useful.

Review 19 for Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

Age Range:55 to 64

,

Gender:Male

Home Improvement Profile:DIYer

Cabinet install tool great asset

PostedFebruary 8, 2012

Overall rating 

5.0out of5

This product made the installation of cabinet hardware a breeze. Saved a lot of time by deleting repetetative measuring and each location was accurate and eached matched the next one. Wish I had purchased this sooner for other projects.

Review 20 for Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

Read the specifications carefully

PostedJanuary 21, 2014

Overall rating 

1.0out of5

No, I do not recommend this product.

Be careful when ordering this template to ensure that it will actually fit the hardware you are installing. It has a maximum width of 4" where-as some of the cabinet hardware and pulls are 4 1/4" which makes the template useless.

Additionally, expect to throw it away after about 10 uses. Since it is plastic, the guide holes will eventually get drilled-out as you use it over and over making it less accurate. Don't expect to do an entire kitchen with one template of this quality.

The Home Depot "store" should not suggest it as a product if it will not fit the application.

Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template - Home ...
Liberty Cabinet and Drawer Pull Installation Template make cabinet pulls convenient to install. Comes in green color family.

Home Depot - Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template ...
Home Depot product reviews and customer ratings for Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template. Read and compare experiences customers have had with Liberty products.

Home Depot Liberty Cabinet and Drawer Installation ...
Home Depot customers questions and answers for Liberty Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template. Read questions and answers real customers have contributed for the

Amerock Cabinet Drawer Template-TMP-DRWR - The Home Depot
Cabinet Drawer Template Close Window . This item has The Home Depot makes home installation and repair easy. Get Started with Installation Services & Repair;

Cabinet and Drawer Template | The Home Depot
Liberty Hardware presents the Align Right Cabinet Template to align Cabinet and Drawer Template. Easily and affordably transform the look of your cabinets

Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template Reviews Liberty ...
Home Depot Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template Sign up to recieve special offers and promotions for Liberty Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template

Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template Reviews Liberty ...
Home Depot Cabinet and Drawer Installation Template reviews and will not work for 5" cabinet pulls, which Home Depot sells thru American Woodmark. you will

Liberty Clear Cabinet Mounting Template - Lowe's Home ...
Find Liberty Clear Cabinet Mounting Template at Lowes.com. Lowes offers a variety of For hardware installation on cabinets Home Profile to organize

Liberty | Cabinet and Drawer Template with 3/16 Drill Bit ...
The Liberty Cabinet and Drawer Pull Installation Template makes cabinet pulls easy to install in 3 The Home Depot offers close to 1,000 ENERGY STAR

Cabinet Hardware Template | The Home Depot
Liberty Hardware presents its Cabinet Template to help install hardware right every time. Just place the template on your cabinet and mark the spot, then drill and

Previous
Next Post »